Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sept. 11th-13th '09 - Ruidoso, AZ / Grandma Hunt



































Brent had to work over the weekend in Ruidoso, AZ which is about 2 1/2 hrs. away from where we live, so we decided to tag along. We were planning on staying 2 nights at this beautiful hotel. Our room's back patio door opened to the golf course greens and we had ducks come straight up to our back door looking for a hand out. It ended up raining and lightening horribly for a couple hours, but the kids wanted to swim so bad...after all, what else do you do at hotels? So we swam anyways...all the old people looked at us like we were crazy and probably thought we were so irresponsible!



We had a blast the 1st day we were there! However, later that evening, both our cell phones started ringing non-stop...Brent's dad, John, was trying to reach us...along with his other siblings. Diane, my mother-in-law had a massive heart attack, had been rushed to the ER, and was taken immediately into surgery. I will never forget how it felt like my heart dropped to the pit of my stomach as I listened to the voice mail on my phone left by John. We never packed up so fast in our life...and the drive home, it felt like it took 5 hours instead of 2 1/2!



Everyone in the family, myself included, was suddenly about to loose the one woman in our lives that was dearest to our heart. Brent, working in the medical field and doing some extra research on the side, knew her odds. They weren't good, to say the least. Throughout all odds, she fought hard, and was able to keep her name off the Donor's List and was able to slowly strengthen her heart so she could go home. We pray for her daily. We pray that she will have many many more years with us.


Diane means so much to me. She excepted me into her family with open loving arms. She has shown me how to be a wonderful mother, wife, and sister-in-law. She has helped me be a better woman, and member of the church. She is an exellent grandmother, not just to my kiddos, but equally to all her grandkids. She showed me what it is like to be in and to have a great family.

No comments:

Post a Comment